Friday 4 December 2015

5 Ways to Avoid Cabin Fever



As a new mum I'm learning that it is so easy to get caught up in the endless nappy changes, feeds and nap times, that often I forget to leave the house or do anything for me, resulting in me becoming quite the fruit loop by the end of the day. I think it's so important to put a system in place to avoid cabin fever.

Today after I fed my little man, I gathered him up, put on my joggers, popped him in the pram and set of for a walk. I didn't really have a plan, I just knew I wanted to get out of the house. After a while, I found myself at my favourite cafe, having a lovely little garden party with just me and my sleeping bub, indulging in savoury French toast and a freshly made juice. Because why not? I totally deserve it, right?
 It was such a lovely morning and has set me up for a productive day!  Not only did I find a way to do something just for me, I got in some exercise too and the little cherub cooperated and squeezed in a pram nap! 

Here are 5 ways you can avoid cabin fever without the use of a babysitter:


1. Pop the baby in the car (in a safe car seat of course) and drive to the beach, a lake, or any favourite outdoor spot of yours. Why not treat yourself to a takeaway coffee while you're there?

2. Simply grab the pram (don't forget the baby) and go for a walk to explore your neighnourhood, you may be surprised with the parks and cute hidey holes you find. 

4. If you have a pool, enjoy a quick dip while the baby is sleeping (have the baby monitor outside next to the pool for piece of mind).

5. If leaving the house just isn't an option that day, take baby outside and sit in your garden or courtyard while you read a book, magazine, your favourite blog, or enjoy catching up with a craft or hobby.

What are some of the things you enjoy doing to avoid cabin fever? Share in the comments. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment